My Write.as Archive Page Generator is back up and running. I've already updated the Archive pages for my other blogs. It seems to be working fine. Please give it a try and let me know if you run into any issues with it.
I did notice, during my testing, that it can fail on blogs with a huge number of posts. That's mainly because the API call times out at like the 1.7 minute mark. I'll see if I can fix that in the future. But for now, just getting the archive page generator working is a win. So I'll call it a day.
Due to the rate-limiting feature that the Write.as team introduced into their API, a number of my Blazor WASM apps, like the WriteFreely Archive Page Generator I created, have stopped working. All of the Write.as related Blazor WASM apps I created, use the WriteAs.Net client/wrapper library that I wrote. And it is actually this client/wrapper library that is running into the rate-limiting problem.
I've already updated the WriteAs.Net client to make use of Application keys. But before I release the latest version, I also want to give it some caching abilities. That's what I'm working on and testing right now in my spare time. Once that's done, I'll publish the latest version of the WriteAs.Net client to Nuget.
After that, I plan to get the WriteFreely Archive Page Generator working once again. Then I'll work on getting the Search app for my journal working as well.
Finished work on the WriteFreely Archive Page Generator Blazor app. While it does say WriteFreely, you can still pass in Write.as as the instance name and your Write.as alias, and it will work just the same.
While working on a Blazor WASM project last week, I noticed that no matter what changes I make to the index.html and app.css files, they were not reflected whenever I open up the site on IIS Express. It turns out to be a caching issue. All I needed to do, was hit CTRL + F5 after the site loads, and it will pull in my changes.
When I try getting posts from a Write.as blog using a Blazor WASM app, it works. When I try getting posts from a WriteFreely instance blog, using the Blazor WASM app, it won't work. But when I try getting posts from a WriteFreely instance blog, using a .NET Core console app that uses the WriteAs.NET library I wrote, the same library that the Blazor WASM app uses, it works. Something weird is going on.
My research into the issue indicates a possible limitation with WebAssembly apps. There must be some security setting on the WriteFreely instance I'm testing, that's blocking my Blazor WASM requests. The Write.as API is obviously not blocking my requests, so something is going on with that WriteFreely instance.
I dug into it some more and found that it is a CORS related issue. But at this point, there's nothing else I could on my end to fix it. I created a thread on discuss.write.as to talk about it.
Update 4/23/2021: The write.as team has introduced some rate-limiting features on their API to combat spam bots. That stopped this Glitch app and my other Blazor WASM apps from working.
Was supposed to create an “Unpopular Posts” Blazor WASM app, but ended up creating the opposite. Anyway, I managed to make the app flexible by having it use query string parameters. That means that you can use the app and embed it into your own Write.as page/site. Just follow the instructions in the readme.